Be a part of the largest fine-arts festival in the state!
Want to be a part of this community wide event that brings in a substantial economic impact helping our local shops, restaurants and galleries? We couldn’t produce this nationally acclaimed event without our volunteers. Volunteer positions include working the information booths, artist hospitality, set-up, entertainment area, children’s art contest area and more.
Located at four entrances of the festival (Government Street, Washington Avenue, Porter Avenue, South Washington Avenue), this team is happy to answer any questions regarding the festival. Festival guides as well as community information will be distributed to entrants and throughout the festival. Entrance stickers are distributed as well as receipt of festival donations. Donations are not asked from youth 16 years of age and under! This position requires standing, smiling, and talking! Volunteers are recommended to flip through the festival guide for knowledge of the festival core components: entrance locations, vendor booth listings, food court location, restrooms, music schedule and special event details. 2 hour to 2.5 hour shifts
Hospitality (Limited positions)
What a tasty position. Offer refreshments, tasty treats, coffee, napkins, festival guides, other information, etc. in the hospitality rooms throughout the day. Various shifts are available and at four different locations. Hospitality chair will purchase room items, assist with volunteer recruitment and oversee facility. The rooms are to be kept nice and neat, so all crumbs must be swept away by the end of the event including trash. 2 hour to 2.5 hour shifts
Set Up Team
Vendors usually bring heavy pieces of art to sell. Volunteers are assigned at least one vendor, who requested assistance, to help them place their booth, unload their merchandise, and/or watch their booth. 2.5 hour to 3 hour shifts
Clean Up Crew
Throughout downtown Ocean Springs, Mary C, Oak Park, and OS Upper Elementary, volunteers will aid vendors by packing up their merchandise and booth. Also, volunteers will pick up any trash from vendors, trash cans, ground, and parking lot. 2.5 hour to 3 hour shifts
- It is highly recommended to use the park n’ ride options to the volunteer check in entrance.
- Volunteers are to check in at the Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center on Government Street. (Buses pick up at Oak Park Elementary and Upper Elementary Schools.)
- Arrive about 15 minutes early to assure check in time and arrival at your position location on time.
- Be sure to sign in and sign out from duty with team captain.
- Want to be a team captain, ask us about it upon signing up!
- No duty is too small! It takes more than 100 volunteers to execute this community event.
Volunteer Coordinator Contact: 228-875-4424